Event: “REIMBURSEMENT 101”
PLANTING ROOTS TO GROW A NUTRITION PRACTICE
PRESENTED BY: LINDA ARPINO, MA,RDN,CDN,FAND
DATE: Friday, May 5, 2017
TIME: 8:30 – 10:00 AM
LOCATION: Stamford Hospital, 1 Hospital Plaza, Conference Room A, Stamford, CT
COST: $30 CT/NY Academy Members
All proceeds to benefit the Polly Fitz Scholarship Fund*
Session will cover key components in becoming a provider by third-party payers such as:
- Identify procedure codes for nutrition and nutrition-related services that may be reimbursed by Medicare and/or commercial third party payers.
- List companies providing professional malpractice insurance for RDNs.
- Understand the purpose, and procedure how to register for a national provider identifier (NPI) and CAQH.
- Recognize coding for procedures and diagnosis and necessary information to complete the insurance claims forms.
- Medical software systems for submitting claims electronically and clearing houses.
- Recognize payment trends among RDN’s across the country.
Suggested learning codes: 7070, 7080, 7110, 7120, 7170
*All proceeds from this event will benefit the Polly Fitz Scholarship Fund. This scholarship is awarded each year to an outstanding dietetics student member of the CT Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Thank you for your support in this regard!!
SNEB Invites You to Attend the 2017 Annual Conference in Washington, DC
July 20-24, 2017
Grand Hyatt – Washington, DC
Are you passionate about nutrition education? SNEB invites you to attend the 50th Annual Conference from July 20-24, 2017 in Washington, DC. Some conference highlights include:
- Networking with more than 600 peers and colleagues from around the world.
- More than 40 sessions on nutrition education research, programs and practice looking at topics of families, technology, food service, weight and health across the lifestyle, communications and more.
- Over 250 abstract presentations both oral and poster including poster presentation by USDA FNS and USDA NIFA-AFRI grantees.
- Estimated 30 CEUs from American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Commission on Dietetic Registration, National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc., and the School Nutrition Association.
- Not a member of SNEB? Take advantage of the Join and Save discount.
Save $50 with early bird registration when you register now through June 9.
Program is 7:45- 4:30 and includes the following topics:
- Multidisciplinary Approach to Head/Neck Cancer: It Takes a Team
- Nutritional Strategies to Improve Performance for Endurance Athletes
- Bariatric Nutrition: The Basics and Beyond
- Microbiome Nutrition for the RDN
- Dietary Supplements: Scope of Practice for the RDN
Registration and more information is available at: