It is time to submit your nominations for our annual Member and Student Awards
2018 CAND Student Awards – Students enrolled in ACEND-accredited dietetics education program (CP, DI, DPD, DT).
A faculty member or program director must nominate students.
- Coordinated Program (CP)
- Dietetic Internship (DI)
- Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Dietetic Technician Program (DT)
Information that must be included in the nominated student packet:
- Data Sheet, note: students must be members by January 1st of the year in which they would receive the award.
- A student statement/self-evaluation. Please limit response to 1-2 typed pages, suggested criteria include: experience(s) in nutrition and dietetics including demonstrated leadership, honors, student dietetic association activities, community service activities, related work experiences… and your personal objectives
- Letter of recommendation from your nominator (program faculty or preceptor) detailing demonstrated academic achievement.
- One other letter of recommendation
- Student transcript
Complete Student awards application is available online here
2018 CAND Member Affiliate Awards
Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year (RYDY)
Recognized Dietetic Technician of the Year (RDTY)
Emerging Dietetic Leader Award (EDL)
Outstanding Dietitian of the Year (ODY)
Responsibilities of Nominator
- Select a nominee for one of the awards listed above. They must be a member of the Connecticut Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. They must not previously have won the award. For Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year the age is 35 years or younger. For Emerging Dietetic Leader Award, practice experience not less than 5 years and not greater than 10 years.
- Present the selection packet to the nominee.
- Complete a recommendation letter and provide to your nominee or send to CAND Awards; emailed or postmarked by March 3, 2018
Responsibilities of Nominee
Your packet should include the following:
- Resume (suggested content)
- Education background
- Job responsibilities and positions held
- Professional association involvements
- Publications or presentations or other professional data you feel may be pertinent
- Data Sheet for your nominated category
- Leadership form
- Two recommendation letters. One from your nominee and one chosen by you.
- A 1-2 page self-evaluation using the criteria listed in the packet.
- Submit all these items to CAND Awards; emailed or postmarked by March 3, 2018. All forms must be typed.
Complete Member award applications are available here 2018 CAND MEMBER Awards Packet
For more information contact:
Jillian Wanik – CAND Awards