2017 CAND Affiliate Awards – Nomination Procedures
Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year (RYDY)
Recognized Dietetic Technician of the Year (RDTY)
Emerging Dietetic Leader Award (EDL)
Outstanding Dietitian of the Year (ODY)
Responsibilities of Nominator
- Select a nominee for one of the awards listed above. They must be a member of the Connecticut Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. They must not previously have won the award. For Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year the age is 35 years or younger. For Emerging Dietetic Leader Award, practice experience not less than 5 years and not greater than 10 years.
- Present this selection packet to the nominee.
- Complete a recommendation letter and provide to your nominee or send to CAND Awards postmarked by March 3, 2017
Responsibilities of Nominee
Your packet should include the following:
- Resume (suggested content)
- Education background
- Job responsibilities and positions held
- Professional association involvements
- Publications or presentations or other professional data you feel may be pertinent
- Data Sheet for your nominated category
- Leadership form
- Two recommendation letters. One from your nominee and one chosen by you.
- A 1-2 page self-evaluation using the criteria listed.
Submit all these items to CAND Awards postmarked by March 3, 2017. All forms must be typed.
Award Selection Criteria
The following categories are considered in the evaluation process:
- Academic Education
- Work Experience
- Leadership Abilities
- Significant Accomplishments
- Involvement in Professional Associations
For a candidate application or more information contact: or click here.. 2017 CAND MEMBER Awards Packet
Jillian Wanik – CAND Awards
48 Sunnyledge Street
New Britain, CT 06052